Monday 18 July 2016

Last Days in Echo Bay - Jul 18, 2016

July 17th – We used the dingy to get to my sister’s cottage in Spider Bay for breakfast. We relaxed for a while by the dock and then said our goodbyes to my family and headed back to Echo Bay.  We floated on blow up toys with our Lake Simcoe friends and then went on a dingy run to San Souci to get some ice cream.  A couple of Loopers pulled into Echo Bay that were traveling together and it appears that we’ll be following the same route as them going forward.  We had an early community dinner to beat the rain which hit us shortly after we got back to the boat to do our dishes.

July 18th – I woke up to high winds at 5am thus I went up to the flybridge to check the chartplotter to ensure our anchor wasn’t sliding. Once I determine that everything was OK I went back to bed with the iPad so I could monitor our position while I tried to get back to sleep.  The high winds continued all day long thus we decided not to move to Regatta Bay which was our plan for the day. 
It was an extremely windy day in Echo Bay

Aqua-Fennatic is not rafted with the Lake Simcoe boats :(

Ruth, Maria, Roz, Dave & I

Donna, Steve & Tom

The Monkey wants to GO but it's too windy today!

2 comments:

  1. That monkey is crazy wanting to travel in high winds. You keep him under control. :)

    ReplyDelete