Sunday 15 January 2017

Cape Haze Florida – Our Southern Home – Jan 15, 2017

Jan 13th – It was a warm day with a mix of sun and clouds.  This morning I decided to wax the portion of the boat (on the port side) that must be done from the dock before moving to our new slip.  After I was done we moved the boat to our new slip on the starboard side … thus I’ll have to wax the starboard side of the boat in the next few days to ensure both sides match!  We had an issue with our cable TV hook-up thus our new boat neighbours, Michael and Donna, helped us figure out the issue and we ended up using a splitter on their cable to get it working.  Once it was working we had a cold one and they invited us to a place called the New Faull Inn which serves Exxxcellent Pizza!  And then we stopped by a gas station … Superday Express … and bought great cheesecake for desert.  I think that I’ve put on a couple pounds today with all the good food I ate …. I guess I’ll have to do some more waxing to burn off the extra calories ;)     

Jan 14th – It started out as a warm cloudy day with the sun making its appearance in the afternoon.  Our daughter, Amanda, has booked her flights to visit us at the end of this month thus I’ve reserved a rental car which we had to do anyway to attend a Looper Reunion party that we’ve been invited to in Gulfport Florida.  Hopefully we’ll have good weather while she’s here so she can enjoy some of the great outdoor activities that we’ve been exposed to in the area. 
Jan 15th – It was a warm day with a mix of sun and clouds.  I had a closer look at our salon air conditioner and did some research and found that the split units are prone to leaking and tend to be costly to fix thus marine technicians tend to replace split units with a self contained unit.  I guess we’ll have to make a decision on what our next steps will be … at least the air works in our sleeping cabins which definitely helps on those hot nights.  I also had to do some work on our bicycles to free up the brakes … I guess the salt water / air is taking a toll on them.  They should be fine as long as I continue to keep them clean and greased.  Jim came by the marina to pick us up for a fish fry at his place with the Canadian gang plus one couple from the US.  We had lots of fresh fish and we all participated in another football pool.  The lucky winners were Pat and Dawna.
Enjoying a swim at the pool

Great Pizza with our boat neighbours - Donna and Michael

I can't believe these deserts are sold at a gas station!

We have hundreds of fish swimming by our boat ... too bad there's a reflection

No comments:

Post a Comment