Friday 6 January 2017

Back to Cape Haze Florida – Our Southern Home – Jan 6, 2017

Jan 4th – It started out as a cold and rainy day in Toronto Ontario and ended as a hot and sunny day in Florida.  Maria and I got up at 3:30 am to finalize our packing and our son Sean drove us to the airport for our 6:30am flight.  We brought only carry on luggage, however both Maria and I were stopped by security since our bags included tooth paste and face cream that exceeded the size limit for carry on luggage … give me a break!  Thus we had to either check one of our carry on bags for an extra fee OR have them dispose of the products.  We chose to check in one of our bags since Maria bought these items in bulk for the boat at Costco.  Liz picked us up at the Fort Myers airport and then dropped me off at the boat.  Liz and Maria went grocery shopping and then out to lunch while I did a few boat jobs.  After they returned we had a few docktails and then Don dropped by.  He brought the new membrane for our watermaker with him and told us our macerator pump just arrived thus I have more boat jobs to do.  I think it will be an early night tonight to catch up on the sleep that we missed last night.

Jan 5th – It was a warm and sunny day.  Don picked us up at the boat this morning to give us a tour of some fabulous homes in Boca Grande and after that we met up with the gang for a beach BBQ at a State Park on Boca Grande.  There was so much food that we all ate like Kings!  After eating a number of us went for a walk along the beach and everyone found shark teeth.  Oh and did I say it is Don’s birthday today … Happy Birthday Don!  And then we had more food … 2 types of birthday cake.  At the end of the day we returned back to the boat and went to sit it the Hot Tub.      
Jan 6th – It was a warm day that started out foggy and turned sunny.  Today I prepared the water maker for our trip to the Bahamas.  I installed the new reverse osmosis membrane and replaced all of the in line filters.  I also had to replace a compression fitting that was leaking when I previously tested the system.  I haven’t tested the system since they recommend that you avoid using it in marinas and in waters where the water quality is questionable.  Afterwards I went to the pool for a swim and then to the hot tub to socialize with a group of boaters.  The weather over the next few days isn’t supposed to be very nice thus I think I’ll concentrate on other jobs to get them done so I can enjoy the nice weather.
Boca Grande Beach BBQ with the Canadian gang


Happy Birthday Don!  I think we need to audit the numbers on the cake ... I'm sure they're wrong!

Sharks teeth that Maria found on the beach

Sunset at the marina


No comments:

Post a Comment