Monday 9 January 2017

Cape Haze Florida – Our Southern Home – Jan 9, 2017

Jan 7th – I woke up to sounds of thunder with high winds and rain and as the day went on it got cold for Florida (58 degrees F).  Don had to make a run to Walmart today thus he asked us if we wanted to tag along … of course we said yes since we needed to load up on provisions.  When we returned to the boat Maria did some cleaning while I continued to tackle my boat jobs … the next on my list was the macerator pump for the forward head.  Before installing the pump I disconnected and inspected the existing hoses, which was not a pleasant job, however the hoses were all OK thus tomorrow I need to modify the macerator pump so that the discharge is pointed in a different direction and install the pump.  I never seem to enjoy the head related jobs since I always end up smelling like sewage!  Oh well, in to the shower I go!  As Maria was cooking dinner I noticed that the carpet was wet by our side door and behind our couch.  I’ll need to use a hose to find the leak in the near future.  Another surprise job on my list L    

Jan 8th – It was a cold, windy and sunny day.  The temperature went as low as 38 degrees F during the night.  Maria had a bit of an ear ache thus she just hid under a blanket and read most of the day while I finished the installation of the macerator pump.  Afterwards I washed out the bilge to clean up the head related spillage and next I had to jump in the shower since I also had the sweet smell of sewage on me!  Once everything was cleaned up we just relaxed for the afternoon.  Apparently the weather is going to get much better in the next day or two.
Jan 9th – It was a cool and sunny day today.  I decided to look into the cause of the leak I found a couple days ago and found that one of the deck drains had a major leak under the deck, however there was no access to fix it.  The leak was close to our side entrance by our lower driving station thus I removed the stairs and then had to cut a new access hole to fix the deck drain.  Afterwards we went to Donny’s Bar with Don and Andrew (a friend and boater from our yacht club) who will be staying with Don for a few days.  We had dinner and drinks, however Maria’s allergies are bothering her … she blames it on me since she thinks my boat jobs are causing her issues.
A storm coming towards us

A rainbow in front of the storm

A very low tide in the marina ... This boat is sitting on the bottom ... see the bow thruster

Drinks and dinner with Andrew, Don and the two of us

No comments:

Post a Comment