Wednesday 12 October 2016

Grand Harbour Marina MS - Oct 12, 2016

Oct 10th – It was a warm and sunny day.  Maria and I decided to perform some cleaning today.  I washed the entire boat and worked on removing some diesel dust from the cockpit area while Maria cleaned the inside of the boat.  I also added distilled water to the batteries.  Afterwards we borrowed a courtesy car from the marina to go to town to do some shopping.  We got back and had a late dinner then we went to visit some Loopers to socialize after a long day of cleaning and shopping. 

Oct 11th – It was a warm and sunny day again today.  We borrowed a courtesy car with 4 other Looper couples to visit Shiloh National Military Park which was a major site for the Civil war in 1862.  It was a very large park with multiple battle sites which took us ½ a day to go through.  Afterwards we went out to a Mexican restaurant for great food and margaritas.  We arrived back at the marina just-in-time to return the courtesy van.  We then met up with Loopers that we haven’t seen since we were in the North Channel in Canada and we joined them plus a large number of other Loopers for docktails.  On and off throughout the day I’ve been dealing with the TD Bank to figure out how to get USD into my US Borderless Bank Account to pay off my USD Visa bill.  They made the process way too complex and I had to open a TD Savings account over the phone to allow me to move money from my other bank account to my TD savings account to my TD USD account to pay my TD USD Visa bill.  I’ve been also working with Amanda (our daughter) to figure out how she can transfer USD to us and we’ll give her CAD for when she returns to Canada.  She wired the USD to us, however we’ll see if we can find a solution with lower fees for next month.  Fun with banks! 
Oct 12th – It was a hot and sunny day.  We went for a walk in the area and admired the beautiful direct riverfront homes on the Tennessee river.  Afterwards we went for a swim in the pool which turned into a community fish fry / BBQ by the pool with at least 20 other Loopers.  Of course there was way too much food for everyone.  We played some Euchre while others played Left, Right, Centre.  What a beautiful evening … only shorts, sandals and a t-shirt with a cold beer in my hand.  I’m thinking that I should see Jimmy Buffet around here any time now ;)
Breakfast on Brian's & Judy's boat

Brian drew the short straw and had to ride in the back with all of our provisions

Shiloh Church

A cabin on a Peach Orchard that was caught up in the Shiloh battle


Cathy, Judy and Maria at the Fish Fry / BBQ

Euchre game by the pool

Maria in her PJs playing "May I" in the club house

No comments:

Post a Comment