Monday 12 December 2016

Cape Haze Florida – Our Southern Home – Dec 11, 2016

Dec 9th – It was a cold and cloudy day today.  It was another good day to perform jobs on the boat while Maria did the laundry.  I tackled one of our intermittent issues with one of the Tachometers on the flybridge.  I found a corroded connection and a corroded wire thus I replaced some of the wiring and it seems to be working OK … but intermittent issues are always hard to determine if they are fixed or if there is another hidden cause.  Nobody knows that better than me!  I also connected the cable TV to the boat to give us something to do during the lousy weather … which we haven’t had much of, however it removed it from my “Honey Do List”.  

Dec 10th – It was a warm and sunny day.  Don called this morning and invited us to go to a large Flee Market with both him and Jim.  The flee market was very large and had a wide variety of merchandise.  We bought a couple of things and afterwards we went out for a late lunch at a restaurant in Punta Gorda.  After lunch we dropped by West Marine and then back to the boat for happy hour with Jim and Don.  
Dec 11th – It was a warm and cloudy day.  I used this as another day to catch up on boat jobs.  First I removed the reverse osmosis membrane from our Water Maker and sourced a replacement part so we can make our own drinking water from salt water.  Next I reviewed the forward head connections to determine how best to integrate a macerator pump for the Bahamas.  After my jobs were done Don picked us up and we went to Greg’s and Joanne’s place to celebrate Greg’s 65th birthday.  We had cocktails and snacks before going to Red Lobster for his birthday dinner.
More Useppa pictures


Don on the walking bridge

A Banyan tree that grows branches to support its branches

Can you find the birds?

Greg and Jim ... Cheers!

Greg and Maria with their Lobster bibs

The gang at Red Lobster

Happy Birthday Greg ... Now blow out your candle!
Above you'll find a movie of the dolphins that followed our boat as we travelled to Useppa.  It's my first attempt to include some video on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment