Saturday 5 November 2016

Mobile Alabama to Pensacola Florida - Nov 5, 2016

Nov 3rd – It was hot hot hot and sunny again today.  We left Dog River Marina this morning and travelled 46 miles to Ingram Bayou anchorage on the Gulf Inter-coastal waterway (GICW).  On the way we stopped at LuLu’s for lunch which is owned by Jimmy Buffet’s sister.  The food was good however the margaritas sucked and tasted watered down and were delivered in plastic disposable cups.  I figured we would get a margarita that would meet Jimmy Buffet’s standard … I guess not.  We saw a ton of dolphins and they are all around us at this anchorage.  Maria has been taking pictures like crazy and when she tried to clean up the duds she accidently deleted all of the pictures on the camera.  She was extremely upset and I went on-line and found software programs that would help us recover the pictures from the memory card however most want a fee and it appears that not all the pictures have been recovered thus we’ll keep the sd card and see if a Best Buy has an inexpensive service to help us.

Nov 4th – It was another hot and sunny day.  We stayed in Ingram Bayou anchorage to relax since we’re enjoying sharing the neighbourhood with dolphins.  Maria didn’t sleep very well last night since she felt so bad about accidently deleting all of our pictures on the camera, however I reaffirmed that we will be able to recover them.  We went for our first dingy ride in salt water from our anchorage to a couple of local marinas and filled our gas tank.  When we got back to the boat I went for my first swim in salt water, however I was a little hesitant since I was a bit worried about how the dolphins would react to me swimming.  I first kicked my feet in the water to see if any of our friends would come by for a visit.  When all was clear I jumped in the water and swam around a bit, however I didn’t venture too far from the boat since I still wasn’t sure if I needed to be worried about all the dolphins in this bay.  I came out alive thus I believe that it is safe to swim with dolphins in the area.  Afterwards we had BBQed steaks for dinner with a salad on the side. 
Nov 5th – It was another hot and sunny day and this area has been breaking heat records for the past week now and I believe they’ve broke a record for how many days straight where there has been no rain.  We left our Ingram Bayou anchorage early this morning and travelled 26 miles to Palafox marina in Pensacola Florida … Wow … I can’t believe we have arrived in Florida!  The bad news … we had salt all over the boat thus I had to wash it off before we did anything.  After my quick wash job we walked around Pensacola for a bit and then we took a cab to the National Naval Aviation Museum which was Exxxcellent!  After we spent a few hours there we UBERed it back to the marina … our first UBER experience was a good one and the price was $10 less than the cab ride.  After dinner we went for another walk through town and it’s homecoming here thus we saw large groups of teens dressed to the nines going out to a dance.
LuLu's restaurant ... Jimmy Buffet's sister owns it


Cruising the GICW (Gulf Inter-Coastal Waterway)

My first swim in salt water on this trip
It's difficult to get a good shot of a Dolphin ... ask Maria!



At the National Naval Aviation Museum

Wow ... these are the same shower rules we follow on our boat!





I've got a new toy for the bow of my boat!

No comments:

Post a Comment